BLURB ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA HERE Non Emergency (765) 565-1234 Fax (765) 565-6433
Serving our community
Carthage Volunteer Fire Department was founded in 1953 with thirty-three members. The fire department joined the Indiana Volunteer Firemen's Association on July 12th, 1954. On November 9th, 1961, the fire department was incorporated and became known as Carthage Volunteer Fire Department of Rush County, Inc. They had eight board of directors, three incorporators, two vehicles, and fifty dollars.
The fire department and EMS Association met in September 1997 to discuss and vote on a possible merger. The vote was unanimous and the merge took place on January 1st, 1998. As of today there are two fire engines, two tankers, a grass rig, and one ambulance. The Department currently has 20 personnel and accepting applications for more.